The Myth: I been to the campus for the tour before, and so I don’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: Regardless if you have visited campus, it’s helpful to visit as an admitted student as you consider carefully your admission offer.
What a wonderful time of the year! Admitted students recently heard they are part of the Trojan Family and now it is time for pupils to result in the important decision of where you should visit college. At USC, we have numerous programs for students to get one last appearance before they make their decision.
Often times students may think it’s pointless in the future to campus in April should they went on a tour their junior or year that is senior. However, it may positively be worth your time to consult with campus inside the context as a student that is admitted. When you take a tour as a prospective student, you’re coming to campus to take into account using to USC. Is this a chance? May I see myself right here? What information do I need shmoop pro to know about applying?
Visiting campus being an admitted student is a totally different feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is absolutely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and look that is close. Where would we be residing? Who be my classmates? Which professors will likely be teaching my classes? What communities will we join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and start to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! It is possible to sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half time programs), or Admitted Student Day during your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We might be visiting a populous town near you! We understand that traveling to campus may be logistically hard, but we should be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can additionally be made at you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! With respect to the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We aspire to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, and so I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a springtime acknowledge, therefore I’m essentially waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every year, USC admits students to the springtime semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And although we could possibly move a few of the learning pupils to your fall semester, springtime admission isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So why do we do it? Well, every year we understand there is going to be pupils leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad. We also employ a competitive admission process at USC, and now we can never admit all of the wonderful students who affect USC. So spring admission we can admit much more of this amazing pupils we want at USC we will have more space available in the spring semester because we know.
Spring admits are not any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are as much USC students as some other Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as some other Trojan. Arriving at USC in the spring gives you to start your college experience in an unique way. You can ease into the college change by taking classes at a local community college. You are able to explore the world through a research abroad system. You can also take a break through the grind and luxuriate in a few months off of school!
For those who haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. You will find plenty of information about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning for the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. In the event that you have actuallyn’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everybody by June 1st with either a request spring grades or perhaps a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For anyone of you’ve got already been admitted, or are wondering exactly what the next steps will be in the event that you are admitted, this website’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed you need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission letter that it says. This means, if you receive the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. If you get the page after June 1st, you have actually two weeks to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill out the FAFSA and also the CSS profile ASAP, if you don’t already completed. We usually do not want your ability to commit to USC become held up by educational funding. The earlier we have these documents, the faster we can get you the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not guaranteed for transfer students, there is some availability. The sooner you apply, the better the possibilities. You can submit your housing application before the commitment deposit. USC additionally has student that is off-campus, therefore don’t neglect to check those options also.
- Sign up for Orientation 5-7 business days after your submit your dedication deposit. You shall receive an email using the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own many recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you’re a Trojan!
Of course, we have been constantly ready to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!